What is service history?
When buying a used vehicle, it’s important to have as much information as possible on where and when the car was serviced throughout its lifetime. Knowing the service history not only tells you how well the previous owner(s) took care of the vehicle, it’s also a way to determine whether you’re getting a fair price or not. The best way to find out is with a CARFAX Canada Vehicle History Report.
What is a CARFAX Canada Vehicle History Report?
Our report is the most comprehensive vehicle history account you’ll find anywhere. It provides a wealth of details about a used car based on available information from insurance companies, dealerships, service shops and police records. We have access to billions of data records drawn from thousands of unique sources, including data that you won’t find anywhere else.
What will the car service history tell me?
The service history section of the vehicle history report provides details of a car’s available service records. Details can include:
- Service intervals
- Odometer readings at the time of each service
- Oil and filter changes
- Alignment checks
- Electrical filter checks
- And more
Why do I need it?
Having detailed and accurate information on the service history of a car is key to helping you make the best decision when you’re buying used.
With a comprehensive service history, you can:
- Confirm that the car has been taken care of properly
- Uncover potential problems or yellow flags that the seller may be unaware of or hiding
- Ask questions about any service gaps in the report
- Confirm if the pricing is fair and that the ad matches details in the report
- Know what to look for when inspecting the vehicle. For example, is there more wear and tear than you would expect to see based on the details in the report?
It’s also a good idea to have a complete service history record when you’re selling a used car. It could save a lot of effort, and help you close the deal more quickly.
How do I get a CARFAX Canada Vehicle History Report?
Visit our order page and follow the simple steps outlined to receive a report. The report will be generated on-demand as the data is provided in real time.
If you’re buying a used car from a dealership, ask your sales representative for a CARFAX Canada report.
In order to protect yourself when buying used, we always recommend the golden trio:
- Take the car for a test drive
- Get a CARFAX Canada Vehicle History Report
- Bring the report and the car to a licensed mechanic for an inspection